Saturday, July 20, 2013

July 16 1973 - Ed Murrow Memorial Park - 20 miles

(this daily journal was kept and rewritten by my sister Laurie and presented to me as a gift - I now rewrite it here for you)

Began hiking at 7:45. We were planning on pushing it to Holmes NY to see if anyone was going to meet us at Ed Murrow Park so we  walked fast and got to Holmes (16 m.) at 2:00. I walked 7m. in boots but switched to my sneakers because my boots are totally wrecked. It was mostly road walking anyway. Called home and got all the news. Tom couldn't come out but Jim will pick us up at Jug End, Mass. John wanted to push for the park and we agreed because there was no place to stay in Holmes. So we did our first 20 miles day. The park is gorgeous. Dan, Don & I went swimming and had a blast. There was even a kiddie slide going into the water which I just had to try. They had hot showers too - and that was too much to bear. Showered for about 1/2 hour, washed hair. Totally enjoyed ourselves. We ate under an open roof with picnic tables and lights. This place is well worth the dollar for camping.

No comments: