Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas in Boston


I recall going into Boston to window shop and to see the Christmas Lights around the "Common".
Boston Common seemed very large and brightly lit. We walked along the sidewalks beneath the overhanging streamers and wreaths and strings of lights. All of the stores had window displays and their own decorations. Everywhere you looked, the city seemed to be shouting "IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME" over the sound of canned Christmas music being broadcast over unseen loudspeakers. I don't know if we even bought anything (I don't recall actually going into any stores), or if it was strickly a sightseeing trip - and I don't know if we went more than once. I just remember the awe of the magnitude of the city, the store fronts, the sights and the sounds.

1 comment:

rattlerronnie said...

Sorry Don I forgot: rattlerronnie@gmail.com >>>Ronnie Mangano